Welcome to our AWARD WINNING Child Care Centre...
"Te hiki ngākau, me te whakapiki mātauranga mo ngā tāngata katoa o Aotearoa.
Lift aspiration, raise educational achievement for every New Zealander."
Kia Ora, Hello, Aloha, Assalamu alaikum, Ayubowan, Bonjour, Bula, Gidday, God dag, Fakaalofa atu, Hallo, Hallo allemaal, Helô, Hola, Kamusta, Kia orana, Ko na Mauri, Konnichi wa, Mabuhay, Mālō e lelei, Malo Ni, Namaste, Nǐ Hǎo, Sat Sri Akal, Sawasdee, Sidaytahay, Talofa, Talohani and a warm welcome to Magic Kingdom Childcare and Learning Centre.
Magic Kingdom is a privately owned and operated family based early child care centre in Blockhouse Bay, owned by husband and wife team, Dr Darius and Nikeeta Singh (who grew up right here in the neighbourhood). Nikeeta is the centre director and is a fully registered teacher with over 13 years experience in early childhood education - ECE (especially school readiness program), experienced as a Head Teacher, Centre manager as well as in Centre Governance, and who is also a mother of three young children.
Her teaching team is a strong unit, friendly, professional, qualified and experienced, whose overall team philosophy reveals a genuine dedication and passion about discovering, nurturing and growing children's learning potential.
“…we firmly believe in deeply rooted family values in an innovative, inspirational and warm environment to deliver the highest quality early child care and education, and it is our privilege to offer this unique gem that we have designed and built in Magic Kingdom to our own children and families in our local community where we grew up…”
We have a brand new, purpose built, award winning, high quality early childhood education (ECE) centre on 115 Boundary Rd, Blockhouse Bay (near Lynfield College and next door to Sunset Retirement Village), designed with over 10 years of teaching and parents' wishlists in mind.
To see why we were oversubscribed with interest and had already started pre-enrolling (even before we were open!), take a look at our UNIQUE and AWARD WINNING features that stand us out from any other centre:
OUR AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE AND INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP:
- Magic Kingdom and our sister centres in the Chrysalis Group are the only ECE centres in Auckland to have made FINALIST in the following 3 categories in the 2015 Westpac Business Awards:
1) FINALIST - BEST EMERGING BUSINESS
2) FINALIST - EXCELLENCE IN INNOVATION
3) FINALIST - EXCELLENCE IN BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
- Magic Kingdom and its sister centres in the Chrysalis Group made FINALIST for "Excellence in Innovation" in the 2014 Westpac Business Awards.
- Winner of the inaugural "2013 Early Childhood Council / Telecom Innovation Award" for our new online invention "Learning Roots and Shoots".
- Recipient of the Bronze award at the "2013 NZ Commercial Building Awards" for Magic Kingdom's innovative, modern and eco-friendly building design.
MUST SEE features like our Enchanted indoor tree, Themed sand pits with a Moon Crater sandpit for under 2's and a Treasure Island and Amazon Jungle sandpit for over 2's with murals projected on the fenceline, NZ rainforest and riverbed water play area also projected on the fenceline, Jungle Hut set in the Amazon, Hobbit Cave, our award winning, patented and EXCLUSIVE "Learning Roots and Learning Shoots" online portfolio system, and our trademarked "KIDCAM" where parents can view their child from reception, and much more….
All meals provided (morning tea, cooked lunch, afternoon tea, late snack). Meals are nutritious and very popular with our children. Vegetarian, Halal, special dietary needs catered for. We have even published our very own 40 page cook book for what is most popular with children.
Like you have never seen before - truely innovative, inspiring, warm and welcoming.
Higher than MOE requirements for better attention, learning observations, and safety (1:8 for over 2's, 1:4 for under 2's).
Friendly, open, experienced, qualified, YOUR SUPPORTING TEAM for your child's first learning journeys.
OUR SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM:
- We run a special transition to school program for our preschool (4-5 year olds) to give them the best head start for their entire journey throughout primary school.
- We are well connected with nearby primary schools: Blockhouse Bay Primary School, Chaucer Primary School, Christ the King Primary School, Halsey Drive Primary School, Marshall Laing Primary School, New Windsor Primary School, & St Dominics Primary School.
- 2014 FINALIST for "Excellence in Innovation" in the Westpac Business Awards
- 2014 Excellent ERO (Education Review Office) report for Magic Kingdom: "The experienced centre owners have established effective management and governance systems and lead a team of well qualified and experienced staff. Good teacher-to-child ratios support children’s development as capable, competent learners."
- 2014: The Chrysalis Group opened another sister centre when we won a nation-wide tender to provide EXCLUSIVE childcare services to families in a multi-national firm headquartered in Auckland CBD. A reassuring testament to our highest quality and standards that we aim for.
- 2013 Award winning centre: Magic Kingdom won a "NZ Commercial Building Award" for innovative designs and high levels of sustainability in our learning environments.
- 2013 Award winning centre: "Early Childhood Council / Telecom NZ Innovation Award" for our patented online learning system.
- 2012 Excellent ERO (Education Review Office) report for our sister childcare centre in Tauranga "Centre owners provide highly effective governance and management that is responsive to staff and families’ aspirations.....The identified priorities of ‘imagination and inspiration, innovation, partnership and sustainability’, along with, focused strategic direction and prudent financial management, are promoting positive outcomes for children."
- Active member of the NZ Early Childhood Council.
- Supporter of our local community here in Blockhouse Bay where we grew up.
Affordable and competitive fees. Support available with 20 ECE hours subsidy for over 3 year olds as well as WINZ approved for all ages.